Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory. Through this program, nearly $1.3 million has been invested in our community.
In February 2023, the Kootenai Electric Trust Board awarded Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $2,500 to Camp Fire Inland Northwest to purchase and install four water heaters for camping units at Camp Sweyolakan on Lake Coeur d’Alene.
- $2,500 to the North Idaho Fair Foundation for the Farm to Table event for area fifth grade students to learn where their food comes from.
- $2,500 to Fernan Elementary to bring World Music Drumming teachers to their school for a month-long World Music Drumming camp.
- $2,500 to Trinity Group Homes to help cover the cost of gardening supplies, livestock, and life skills classes and programs for their residents with mental illness.
- $2,500 to Boy Scout Troop 222 to help purchase a trailer and shed to store their camping gear.
- $1,000 to the Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce for their scholarship program.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill?
If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply opt out or opt in on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.