Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory. Through this program, nearly $1.2 million has been invested in our community.
In February 2021, the Trust Board awarded Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $2,500 to the Community Action Partnership/Project Share program. These funds are available to KEC members who qualify for help paying their energy bills.
- $2,500 to North Idaho Christian School to purchase the supplies needed to incorporate an indoor growing system into their curriculum.
- $2,500 to the Rathdrum Senior Center to purchase containers for home delivered meals.
- $2,500 to the North Idaho Fair Foundation for the Farm to Table event for area fifth grade students to learn where their food comes from.
- $2,400 to Kootenai School District to pay for student drone operator certification. This is the first year they are offering a drone course.
- $2,000 to Office Moms & Dads, a non-profit organization, which assists child welfare offices to provide a nurturing environment for children entering foster care.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill? If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply opt out or opt in on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.