Welcome to Kootenai Electric! We are excited to be working with you and guide you through our new service process. If you have any questions during this process, please contact us at 208.765.1200 or email email@example.com. Our offices hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
What's next? The steps outlined below are to be used as a general guide and are not applicable in every situation.
Please note: engineering, scheduling and construction of the work will vary depending upon the complexity of the job, as well as KEC’s workload. When applying for service, it is important to provide KEC with all the information requested in the online application. When easements are required, they must be obtained prior to construction.
1. Complete online application form. Please provide all necessary documents outlined in application.
2. Process request. Our member services team will process the application and contact the applicant to gather any missing information, collect payment and schedule an on-site meeting if applicable. Below is a list of applicable fees, depending on the type of service requested. Payments can be made by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- $50 Area light engineering fee: This fee includes the cost to engineer and install the area light utilizing existing KEC infrastructure.
- $250 Engineering fee (applied towards project): This fee applies to requests that include but are not limited to low-density new construction which includes subdivision lot sizes greater than one-half acre or lots where transformers have not been installed. This fee also applies to requests for non-residential new construction as well as modifications of an existing service
3. Provide cost quote. The assigned project engineering technician will provide the applicant with a cost quote after the on-site meeting. The cost quote must be paid prior to construction.
4. Gather additional information. The applicant must provide KEC additional information necessary to complete construction. Electrical permits to be emailed to OKtoEnergize@kec.com and applicant must complete State inspection regardless of whether homeowner or contractor installed. Please contact KEC at 208.292.3228 once inspections have been completed. KEC also requires pictures of the permanent meter base showing slip joint, ground rods and/or UFER as well as a photo with covers off showing any disconnects, wire lugs, etc. Clear right-of-way if applicable.
5. Once approved, construction is scheduled.