KEC board of director districts 2, 5 and at-large are up for election this year. Only three candidates sought election this year, all incumbents, and each has been nominated by the Nominating Committee. In lieu of seating these candidates by acclamation, an election is being conducted online and by mail for the purpose of facilitating a quorum for the Annual Meeting due to COVID-19 restrictions. Even though there is only one choice per board position, your marked ballot is still important in reaching a quorum and we request you cast it.
Election materials were mailed in early April and the deadline to vote is April 21, 2021. Please note: in-person voting will not be available at the Annual Meeting.
For your convenience, you can vote in one of two ways:
- Online: Use the information located on the email you received. Or, visit https://www.directvote.net/KEC to use a web browser on your smartphone, tablet or desktop to vote. Just enter user ID and password included on the paper ballot you received by mail. If you have any problems voting online, please email email@example.com
- By Mail: Use the paper ballot and postage-paid return envelope you received by mail.
If you plan to vote online, please do so by April 21, 2021. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by April 21, 2021, to be counted. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting and in our June newsletter.
Members who cast their votes online and have a KEC SmartHub account will be entered into a drawing for a $300 KEC bill credit. Learn how you can register as a SmartHub user. Those voting by mail or online without a SmartHub account will be entered into a drawing for one of three $100 KEC bill credits.
2021 Candidates Seeking Board Positions
Posted: January 25, 2021
Jim Robbins, Incumbent (Nominated by Committee)
Bill Swick, Incumbent (Nominated by Committee)
Crystal Musselman, Incumbent (Nominated by Committee)
The election process is governed by the KEC bylaws.
Annual Meeting Scheduled for May 17, 2021
For more than 80 years, we’ve been owned and governed by those we serve. KEC’s Annual Meeting is one way to stay informed about what’s happening at your cooperative. Unfortunately, the coronavirus pandemic and social distancing have again created some challenges for KEC’s traditional annual meeting and election plans. Since we do not know what the state of COVID-19 will be in May, we may need to limit the number of in-person attendees. To facilitate this meeting without requiring a quorum of 150 members to participate in person, we are conducting our director election by mail and online.
- Meeting date: Monday, May 17, 2021
- Where: Lake City Church, 6000 N. Ramsey Rd., Coeur d’Alene.
- Registration (4-6 p.m.): During this time members may visit informational booths and view a pre-recorded video from the general manager on the state of the cooperative. This will allow for a shorter message to be provided in-person. Regrettably, refreshments will not be served.
- Business Meeting (6-6:20 p.m.): The meeting will also be streamed live. Watch www.kec.com for details.
Please contact us with questions at 208.765.1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.